Thursday, March 13, 2008

Two New Channels

TeacherTube is excited to have two new dedicated channels. Check out the Adora's Flying Fingers channel, which features videos of young author Adora Svitak. We're happy to support Adora's mission to teach and encourage other young writers. And don't miss the AIHE channel by the American Institute for History Education. In this channel you'll find videos on many people and events important in American history as well as video commentaries from U.S. History scholars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that you have channels in order to organize the videos on Teachertube. However, is there anyone who monitors which videos go in each channel? I have found videos about exercise techniques in the writing channel. As a busy teacher surfing through your site, I would prefer to be able to find what I am looking for in a more efficient manner. When I go to a channel, I would like to see only videos that pertain to that subject there.

In addition, I would love it if you could find a way to seperate out student video products from videos that would be useful to download and use as a teaching tool in my classroom. In other words, can you sort out the "junk." Although a student news cast broadcasting morning announcements is important to those students and that school, it isn't necessarily relevant for the rest of the world.

Jodie said...

I totally understand what you mean. We encourage community members who are submitting videos to designate the appropriate channel or channels for each video. One reason we added the Student Products channel was to separate these from videos that are more "teaching" oriented. As an educator, I love to see what other kids are producing to get ideas for my students, but I also need to be able to find instructional materials efficiently. As TeacherTube grows, we will continue to work toward a site with the most effective means of organizing videos and other materials submitted by community members.